Structural Change Committee
Roles and Responsibilities of the Structural Change Committee
- Review and recommend final action to the Commission on structural change proposals forwarded by the Substantive Change Committee. These proposals include the following categories of substantive change:
- Change in mission
- Change in legal status or form of control, e.g., merger, change in ownership, affiliation or sponsorship
- First degree program at a new level
- All subsequent new doctoral programs (except for institutions that have authority to start such degrees without advance approval)
- Joint doctoral degrees
- Other proposals the Substantive Change Committee recommends because the institution failed to submit new programs for approval as required by policy, the institution is seeking substantive change approval for a new offering while under Commission sanction, or matters on which the Substantive Change Committee has, in its discretion, referred to the Committee for review.
- Review structural change actions annually and make a report and recommendations, as appropriate, to the Commission.
- Receive an annual report on substantive change activity for the purpose of coordinating the work of this committee with the Structural Change Committee.
- Confer annually with the chair of the Substantive Change Committee.
- Coordinate criteria for reviewing proposals with the Substantive Change Committee.
Members of the Structural Change Committee
Barry Ryan, Chair
WSCUC Staff Liaison to the Committee